In Bastrop ISD, we use co-teaching as one strategy to ensure the most positive outcomes for students with disabilities. There are numerous benefits to a co-teaching arrangement:
1. Students with disabilities access the general education curriculum in a general education classroom.
2. Students with disabilities STILL receive specialized instruction based on their needs.
3. Teachers who co-teach learn from each other's expertise and expand the scope of their own instructional capacity and practice.
4. Co-teaching can reduce the stigma associated with pull-out programs.
5. Both students with disabilities and non-disabled students may feel more connected to one another, building empathy and understanding.